The following locations are prime:
- 50 E. 26th Street a new development, Bronzeville Lofts, between Michigan Ave, and Wabash, condos are upstairs, a very nice entry to the space, the windows are ground to ceiling, wide space, 14' ceilings, huge, with a street view. It needs work, but is available for 2 -1/2 months, ideal for group exhibitions and installation. Available August & September for "Studio Chicago", and for October Chicago Artists Month. Oh yeah it has power.
- 219 E. 31st Street: near ITT, between Michigan and Indiana, is a finished retail space, has bathroom and gas, no air. There are other empty retail spaces that may be available for temporary installations.
- 1910 S. Michigan - Open Space about 2,000square feet, 700 - 800 front space, this is a finished space. The windows are not ground to ceiling, www.thehistorymakers.com is above it. I didn't go inside but this space is ready to go. Bus #1, #3, #4 stops right in front.
- 1160 S. Michigan may allow short term installation.
- 1400 S. Michigan across from the Firehouse Restaurant, J.J. Studio has already spoken for this space. It is totally raw, no concrete on the ground, exposed pipe, ceiling height at least 30ft, great for installations.
The property owners will have to work out the logistics for the use of each space. In order for Phantom Gallery and FG Commercial to start PR on this project we need each of the curtors to go by and selected their spaces.