As A Woman of Ability and Talent Featured Artist Talver Germany

"Art is Business" 2020 Phantom Gallery Chicago Network Featured artist Talver Germany
Art class at FLC. Professor Talver Germany. How to draw watercolor composition.

A native of Sacramento, California, I was educated like many other artists from grammar to graduate school. I received a BA degree in Studio Art, BA in Social Science/ Anthropology and an MS. Degree in Counseling Education all from the California State University of Sacramento.

My vision of beauty is based on my traditional African American culture, coupled with my mother's love and encouragement that has to help me to develop a sense of self-confidence and a true interest in the wondrous world of art.
As a woman of ability and talent, I am able to explore any number of media to express my creativity. My teaching and own work involve working in an easel, plain air, and mural painting, ceramics /clay sculpture, pen and ink, and the experimentation of jewelry making. All contribute to my goal of producing more sophisticated and challenging works that pass to my students and teaching skills. In addition, I have begun to assimilate my personal experiences of the West Indies (Jamaica) in the creative use of color, form, and texture in my artwork.
I am an Associate Professor of Art at Folsom Lake College, a member of the Placerville Arts Association, San Francisco Fine Arts Museum, Sacramento African American Art Collection, Phantom Gallery Chicago Network on LinkedIn, and member of the California Arts Association.
Talver Criticing one of my paintings, 2019

My love of art is also demonstrated by my involvement in the art community. I have served as the Coordinator of the first African American Art Summit at Sacramento City College, juried the 16th annual Placerville Art Show, and attended the California Governor's C conference on the Arts in Los Angeles, and presently Co-Founder and Director of the (VADP) Visual Arts Development Project, an urban community-based art organization that provides children, adults, and emerging artist with resources workshops and a venue to show and express their artwork.

I have exhibited widely throughout Northern and Southern California, from Folsom Lake College, Sacramento Mc George School of Law, and Placer County Tuttle Mansion, (VADP) Visual Arts Development Project Slide Presentation, Assisi Italy Third World Art Conference, and Montego Bay Jamaica, Mazine Inn.
Overall, I feel strongly that my maturity as an artist has stimulated me to experience new ways of expressing the African ancestry that overwhelms me with a sense of joy, creativity, love, and spiritual bonding.

Phantom Gallery CHI

EARTH DAY CELEBRATION AT SOJOURNER TRUTH AFRICAN HERITAGE MUSEUM

"Art is Business" FRCBP    Report by Daphne Burgess Bowens The public outreach campaign involves high school students from Luther ...