Saturday, September 21, 2013

Jamin in Logan Square-PopUp Culture Coach

"Art is Business"
 


 
Patron's jamming at the market --

One night I was at the Farmers Night Market, in Logan Square, Susan Fox, gave me one of the vertical fabrics, to create my own prayer flag. I was asked to write, draw, print, painted, sew, dye, and collage a message about goodwill and community. I was given the option of involving my family, and friends – there was no limit to the number of flags I was to paint.




 
Whether one word or an intricate design your flag will blow and be witnessed by many.
We were asked to return the flags by October 10th. They will be part of a Chicago Artists Month installation at Chicago Green Technology Center in East Garfield Park.

For information on where to mail/drop completed flags, a.is.for.evil@gmail.com, www.andreajablonski.blogspot.com


  A prayer flag is a colorful rectangular found along mountain ridges in the Himalayas.

Darchor  (vertical) prayer flags are used to promote peace, compassion, strength and wisdom. The flags do not carry prayers up to the gods, a common misconception, but spread these messages on the wind to the world.
 Darchor are raised by communities and often found along walkways or paths as a colorful reminder of goodwill.