Inside Creative Development Solutions

"Art is Business" Building OG Café © 2026, Vanessa Stokes. All rights reserved.



One of the questions I hear most often is, "How's the café coming?"

The answer is: we're building.

Not just the building itself, but the organization, the partnerships, the financial foundation, and the creative practice that will sustain it for years to come.

This past month has been one of the most productive periods since Outwest Gallery & Café began. I completed my final pitch for the Capital Impact Partners Equitable Development Initiative, refined our capital campaign strategy, updated project budgets, continued advancing architectural planning, and submitted additional grant applications to support both the café and its public programming.

While construction is still ahead, every conversation, every grant, every drawing, every budget revision, and every relationship is part of building Outwest Gallery & Café.

Development begins long before the doors open.

 
Inside Creative Development Solutions

Over the past month, I've been developing the philosophy and intellectual architecture behind Creative Development Solutions. What began as years of experience across community development, cultural organizing, public art, cooperative development, and institution building has now become a coherent framework that guides my work.

In the months ahead, I'll be sharing more about the Creative Development Model, Community Engagement as an Art Practice™, and the public practices that continue to shape this work. This is only the beginning.

Work With Creative Development Solutions
Every meaningful project begins with a question.

Sometimes it's a new idea you can't quite articulate. Sometimes it's a decision that feels bigger than you expected. Sometimes you know where you want to go—you just can't yet see the path.

That's where Creative Development Solutions comes in.

I partner with artists, founders, nonprofit leaders, institutions, developers, and community builders to create the conditions that allow ideas, organizations, and places to become what they are capable of becoming.

Current Creative Development Experiences
Creative Discovery Session™ — $300

A focused conversation to help clarify an idea, opportunity, challenge, or next step. Whether you're just beginning or feeling stuck, you'll leave with greater clarity and a meaningful direction forward.

Creative Visioning Session™ — $2,000

A deep, immersive experience designed to transform vision into strategy. Together we'll define what you're creating, establish meaningful outcomes, identify the conditions for success, and build a roadmap for moving your work forward.

Creative Development Advising™

An ongoing strategic partnership for leaders, organizations, artists, and institutions seeking thoughtful guidance as they build meaningful work over time.

If you're building something that matters, I'd love to explore how we might work together.

Reply to this email to start the conversation.

Phantom Gallery CHI

Inside Creative Development Solutions

"Art is Business" Building OG Café © 2026, Vanessa Stokes. All rights reserved. One of the questions I hear most often is, "H...